The nucleic acids are crucial to large biological molecules of all that is living. The nucleic acids are divided into RNA and DNA. They are the key element of the living organisms. They can be found in most of the living cells. The nucleic acids are also known to be biopolymers while the monomers are called nucleotides.
Essential functions of nucleic acids are as follows –
- Stores and transfers genetic data
- Directing the fusion of new protein based on genetic information
- DNA functions as the storage for genetic data inside the cells
- Fusion of RNA inside the cell is regulated by DNA
- All the genetic data goes through DNA to the protein synthesizers inside cells